If you’re thinking of going on the Banting diet then this 7 day Banting meal plan is just what you need.
It provides you with a guide as to the type of low-carb meals & food anyone who is Banting can eat for each meal for a whole week.
Not only are these low-carb, high fat meals Banting diet friendly, they are also gluten free which makes them even more healthy for you.
This 7-day Banting meal plan is very similar to the Paleo way of eating which is essentially a low-carb, high fat diet that is also a strictly gluten free diet, however unlike the Tim Noakes & Banting diet it excludes all forms of diary.
- Breakfast – 2 poached eggs with a few rashers of bacon & tomato
- Lunch – A large salad with your favorite protein (chicken, steak, etc.) with some cottage cheese
- Snack – Apple slices with almond butter
- Dinner – Slow cooker pulled pork with fresh veggies such as spinach & pumpkin (contains less sugar than butternut) & finished off with a small tub of full cream Greek yoghurt if you’re still hungry.
- 2. Tuesday
- Breakfast – A portion of fruit followed by bacon & eggs
- Lunch – Blanched/sauteed veggies (pre-made and reheated)
- Snack – Can of tuna
- Dinner – Steak (grass fed) with some green leafy vegetables, cauliflower & broccoli
- Breakfast – Coconut milk smoothie or have banana pancakes (makes a change from having eggs everyday although you can have eggs & bacon if you prefer)
- Lunch – Soup (reheated or in a thermos)
- Snack – Greek yogurt
- Dinner – Roast chicken (or BBQ free range chicken which you can get from Woolworths for your convenience) with a Greek salad
- Breakfast – Mixed nuts & berries with coconut milk followed by a bowl of Greek yogurt
- Lunch – BLT wrap with lettuce instead of bread wrap
- Snack – Hard boiled eggs
- Dinner – Grilled fish with spinach & pumpki
- Breakfast – Steak and eggs
- Lunch – Cold cut meats and veggies (snack-like but filling)
- Snack – Avocado – high in good fat that will refuel your energy reserves
- Dinner – Grilled chicken breasts (free range) with fresh vegetables
- 6. Saturday
- Breakfast – Eggs and sweet potato hash browns
- Lunch – Sandwich with bell pepper slices instead of bread
- Snack – Biltong (Jerky) & almonds (not too many if you’re looking to lose weight)
- Dinner – Sun dried tomato bacon wrapped meatloaf
- Breakfast – Egg/veggie/meat scramble
- Lunch – Dinner leftovers
- Snack – Blueberries & almonds
- Dinner – Beef (or chicken) & vegetable stir fry in olive oil (never use Sunflower oil or any vegetable oil)